Release notes software version 3.6.10 - June 2020 - ! PLEASE READ !
Latest version: 3.6.10 (Release date: June 9, 2020)
Due to an incompatibility issue, Robin products running on software version 3.5.2 and older will display an error when checking for new software versions. As long as the current installed software version on the Robin product is 3.2.0 or higher, you still can upgrade to software version 3.6.8.
- Go to the menu -System-Software-
- Click on the button 'Check for new software versions'
- Wait until an error appears, ignore it
- Click on the button 'Upgrade to latest version'
The Robin will update to software version 3.6.9, from there on, no errors will appear when checking for new software verrsions.
• Microsoft Teams compatibility. Using the CyberGate service from CyberTwice (cybertwice.com)
the Robin can be fully integrated (audio and video) with Microsoft Teams
• The Robin now features five audio files for customization of the tones in the Robin
• Improved TCP stability
• Improved piezo responsiveness for the 2 and 4 piezo Robin models
• Improved Auto Gain Control for the video image
• Fixed an issue with the http Source and Action in the Event mechanism of the Robin
In rare occasions it’s possible the browser doesn’t refresh the status properly when checking for
updates or installing updates. In this case, refresh the browser manually
Modified security setting to make it possible to upgrade a Robin to 3.6.9 over a VPN (or different IP-subnet than the IP-subnet of the Robin) without losing access to the WEB interface
The Robin now features an ‘Audio boost’ function to increase the sound output by approx. 6db
The Security settings page has an extra field is added for password verification
The Robin Keypad now features a volume slider for keypad beep sound
Fixed an issue with Skype for Business where the connection was lost when using the Robin in Trunk-mode
Fixed a bug in the NAT-option in the Robin that could prevent successful registration to some VoIP providers / remote PBXs
Fixed an issue where the Microsoft Edge browser didn’t show video of the Robin SV camera
In the Event mechanism of the Robin, the ‘Button’ event did not work as designed. This is now fixed
In rare occasions it’s possible the browser doesn’t refresh the status properly when checking for updates or installing updates. In this case, refresh the browser manually.
! Note: This will only work when tried with software version 3.2.0 or higher! For older software versions, please contact Robin Telecom support.
! Note 2: Starting from firmware version 3.6.7 security changes may affect the way the Robin is behaving:
1. Logging on to the Robin from the internet (through the use of port-forwarding) no longer functions
Reason: Port-forwarding in the router / firewall Is strongly discouraged because of security risks. Starting from firmware version 3.6.7 only HTTP-toegang from the LAN (local traffic) will be accepted
Solution: Knowing the risks of opening access to the Robin from the internet it is possible to disable the option 'Allow HTTP access only from LAN' in the menu -System-security-
2. When calling the Robin from a phone, it won't auto answer anymore
Reason: The 'Auto-answer' function is often not used, therefore it's disabled by default.
Solution: Log in as Administrator, enable the option 'Auto-answer' in the menu -Telephony-Call settings-
3. If the Robin has trouble communicating with the SIP environment running firmware 3.6.7 or higher
Reason: This might be triggert by not accepting SIP REFER packages anymore
Solution: Log in as Administrator, enable the option 'Enable Refer' in the menu -Telephony-SIP-
4. Trouble streaming via RTSP to a video server or NAS
Reason: The default password for the RTSP user is changed
Solution: Log in as Administrator, change the password for the RTSP admin user in the menu -Network-RTSP- (min. 6 characters). Note: this changed password needs to be changed in the video server / NAS also
5. Communication using HTTP commands to the Robin no longer functions
Reason: The Robin API is disabled by default
Solution: Log in as Administrator, enable the option 'Enable API interface' in the menu -System-Security
6. Logging in to the Robin as 'User' isn't possible
Reason: The user 'User' is often not used, therefore it's disabled by default.
Solution: Log in as Administrator, enable the option 'Enable User' in the menu -System-Security- and change the password for the 'User' user in a password of choice (min. 6 characters)